https://lemonsandtime.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/white-chocolate-rosemary-shortbread.jpg 1201 1201 Kent Dagnall https://lemonsandtime.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/lemons-and-time-logo-300x138.png Kent Dagnall2020-10-01 22:15:012020-10-01 22:18:22Rosemary Shortbread
- 150 g flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped fine
- 60 g butter softened
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 c powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp rosemary infused sugar
- 9 sprigs sugared rosemary
- 4 oz white chocolate melting wafers optional
- 1 pinch white pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Blend all of the ingredients by hand with a staninless steel dough cutter or pulsing in a food processor to make a crumbly dough. Roll between sheets of parchment to about 1/2 inch thick and pierce with the tines a fork to make patterns you will later cut along. They can also be cut in traditional shortbread shapes, fluted rounds, diamonds, etc.
- Wet a sprig of sugared rosemary and press it into the middle of each unbaked cookie and sprinkle with the rosemary infused sugar, or hold off if using the optional white chocolate glaze.
- Bake the pastry in one piece about 9-11 minutes until just set and bottom is slightly golden.
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes and, while still warm, cut out cookies along the lines or other pattern you made.
- Melt 4 ounces of white chocolate melting wafers in a microwave and mix with a pinch of ground white pepper. Using a silicone pastry brush, paint each cookie with melted white chocolate and sprinkle with reserved rosemary sugar before it sets.